It’s the first day of Auguast – and July has been a month of highs and lows for me.
- I ran 57.04km
- Completed my first 10km
- Lost 3lbs
- Drank 3 bottles of Prossecco
- Turned another year older
You might remember I set some goals – July goals, so thought it would be good to have a review;
- Smashed a 10km in under 1hr30min – 1hr23mins!
- Run 3 times a week every week – nailed it with the exception of my 5 days off post Race for Life; but I’ve decided that’s ok!
- Have an amazing birthday weekend, my first without mum – this I well and truly nailed. I smashed a parkrun PB, had a little cry over the finish line and had the best night out with my sisters and friends
Now there is one goal I didn’t achieve; run a sub 40 5k. I tried really hard post 10k to hit that magic sub 40 but it just wasn’t happening. I got a bit disheartened to be honest but then I had a little word with myself.
I only started running in March this year and in the last 5 months I’ve made amazing progress.
- I can now run 10k without stopping
- I now say I am a runner, no shame no fear, i run
- Parkrun on a Saturday morning is life
- Running has given me a reason to be proud of myself
So I think a very wise person once said something along the lines off Don’t change your goals, just the journey of how you get there
Sub 40 I am coming for you